Week of Pursuit: Day of Repentance Prayer Room
February 14, 2024
Location: 12235 - 50th Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5W3C7Category: Events | Coordinator: Micah Emerson
The Week of Pursuit prayer room will be available for booking here. Here you can book a fifteen-minute slot between 9 AM and 9 PM on February 14th, 2024. Join us as we turn back to Jesus and discern God's will for us in this new year!
Week of Pursuit’s Day of Repentance falls on Ash Wednesday. The “day of ashes” is a Christian holy day of prayer and fasting. It is preceded by Shrove Tuesday and falls on the first day of Lent, the six weeks of penitence before Easter.
Ash Wednesday is important because it marks the beginning
of the Lenten season leading to Easter, where believers celebrate the Resurrection of
Ash Wednesday falls in the middle of our week of prayer. Traditionally, this day is set
aside as a Day of Repentance. At Crosspoint, we want to take this opportunity to engage in the act of corporate and individual repentance where we can confess our sins and profess our devotion to our Lord Jesus.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
At Crosspoint, we want to invite you into a safe place to experience both the sting of sin and the hope of Jesus Christ. So, we have created an interactive space where you can literally approach the cross as an individual in an environment that fosters focus, silent reflection, and prayer.
We have done this by creating a dwelling and aesthetic that will engage your senses and help you in the process of repentance, communion, and worship.
- We encourage you to prepare for your prayer experience in advance. Thoughtfully examine your life and consider if you have outstanding and unresolved sin.
- We ask that you bring an item with you into the prayer dwelling. This item should be a symbol of your surrender to Christ. You will literally set it down at the foot of
the cross and leave it behind.
- You could accompany this prayer with the act of fasting. Please check out the fasting section in this guide for more guidance on how to fast.
The Day of Repentance tent will be available for booking here. Here you can book a fifteen-minute slot between 9 AM and 9 PM on February 14th, 2024.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Once you arrive, you will be offered the option of charcoal to apply the mark of repentance on your forehead.
- You will receive a book of prayer to use during your time in the space. The attendant will then lead you from the campus lobby into the worship centre where the prayer space is located.
Find your Day of Repentance - Book of Prayer - HERE.
- Once you are in the prayer space, the attendant will leave you alone. Use this time to wait on the Lord, listen, confess, pray, and repent of your sins. Remember to leave your item at the foot of the cross as a symbol of your surrender to Christ.
- When your timeslot has concluded, the music will fade to silence, and the west entrance will be open for you to exit through.
Have you downloaded the Week of Pursuit Prayer Guide? It will help you fully participate in our week of prayer. Get the guide HERE.