A generous life is a blessed life. That's what Jesus taught. We are a community of disciples who understand that there is delight in sacrificially giving our time, treasure, and talents to God's kingdom.
We believe that because of Jesus we are richer than we think or could ever imagine. And because of God's great generosity towards us - his incomparably great love, his limitless spiritual power, his endless reserve of grace - we can give to others with glad hearts and open arms. We can approach life with an abundance mentality rather than a scarcity mindset.
Where to Donate
Crosspoint's finances are managed through five separate funds (General, Global, Local, Capital, and Special Projects). You can designate your donation to these funds or to a project within a fund:
Covers the ministries and operations of Crosspoint which includes salaries, ministry costs, occupancy costs and administration. Any donations without a specific designation are applied to the General Fund.
For supporting our global community through contributions to the Global Advance Fund (GAF) stewarded by The Alliance Canada. All donations given to the Global Fund are dispersed as received.
Seamless Link Thailand: Within the Global Fund, for specifically supporting the Herbold's as they work in Thailand.
For Freedom International: Within the Global Fund, for specifically supporting the Light Will Rise campaign with For Freedom International, the project run by Darren & Naomi Herbold in Thailand. See more information here.
To support our local community, this includes Crosspointers and organizations that Crosspoint can support to demonstrate God's love to our neighbourhood.
- Eden Team: Within the Local Fund, supports Shem Moses as a cross-cultural urban worker in a partnership between Eden and Crosspoint.
For capital purchases such as equipment and building renovations and repairs.
- Harvest Campaign: For the consolidation and re-zoning of our properties north of 123rd Ave to prepare for future development. See more information here.
Special Projects Fund
For specific, time-bound projects. You cannot donate to this fund, but you can donate to projects within this fund.
- SP: Ministry Apprentice: A special project to support apprentice ministry staff with honorariums. Our ministry apprentice is currently Brendan Sharp as he works with Young Adults.
- SP: Kids Kapers 2022: A special project to support our annual Kids Kapers summer day-camps for children in northeast Edmonton.
You will receive a tax-deductible receipt for all donations, including those made online.
How to Donate
We invite you to join us in this blessed life of generosity. There are five simple ways for you to donate to Crosspoint Church:
- In Person: You can make a donation when you attend one of our Sunday gatherings by using cash, cheque, or our secure debit machine. You can use these options throughout the week by visiting our Ministry Centre.
- By Mail: Cheques can also be mailed directly to our church campus. Please make all cheques payable to "Crosspoint Church".
- E-Transfer: Send all transfers to email@example.com
- Online: You can also donate online through Realm, Crosspoint's online giving service. It is completely safe and secure.
- Text: Text "OnMission" and amount to 73256. (i.e. "OnMission $50")
- REALM: You can give through your profile on our online community. Sign up for REALM and download the "REALM Connect" application. Learn more by watching the video below.
Learn how to give using your REALM Connect profile here.
CREDIT CARD DISCLAIMERS:
The online option enables you to donate by using your credit card. Crosspoint Church is accepting credit card donations for your convenience. We believe strongly that consumer debt is an epidemic problem in our culture and we do not want to be contributors to it. So please use this service for credit card donations only if you intend to pay off the amount before month’s end. We encourage all of our donors to exercise wise stewardship of their resources so that they can be liberated from debt and empowered to use their resources to build God’s kingdom.
In compliance with CRA requirements, any donations designated for special projects will not be returned to the donor if the project cannot be carried out. This practice includes any unused donations from a project. These funds will instead be applied to future similar projects.